The design of the Hummingbird 2 Side Mount System is the upgraded version of Hummingbird 1. It went through numerous rigorous tests under different extreme environments by sidemount divers. Hummingbird 2 takes side mount systems to the next level and brings extraordinary diving experience to recreational and technical divers.
Hummingbird 2 Sidemount BCD
Hummingbird 2 Sidemount BCD features streamlined outer shell with 35 lbs (15.8 kg) of lift and 1650D nylon inner bladder. The wing is made of 1000D cordura which is resistance to corrosion and abrasion and is capable of standing up to the extreme conditions of cave diving and wreck diving without any compromises. The design of the wing and the mounting system aims to achieve the maximum trim and minimum profile. The Hummingbird 2 sidemount buoyancy control device with its low profile and streamlined system that stay tight to your body throughout your entire diving journey, even when you mounting and demounting cylinders, inflating or deflating bladder. The Hummingbird 2 Sidemount System will ensure that regardless of how you adjust the sidemount BC, the wing will always maintain compact and trim.
Hummingbird 2 Inflator Hose and Exhaust Valve
Hummingbird 2 Sidemount buoyancy compensator’s inflator hose and exhaust valve are placed on each side of the wing. The inflator and exhaust valves are reversible which can be positioned on left or right side depends on your preference. The dump valve has a pull cord for easy access. The corrugated inflator hose routes from either side of the wing through the chest and clip securely to the shoulder strap D-ring on the other side. With the inflator and exhaust valves placed on each side of bladder, which will be tightened and pulled closer to the body to maintain trim and also prevent the valves from damaged in the environment.
Hummingbird 2 Harness System
Hummingbird 2 Sidemount Scuba BCD’s infinitely adjustability and highly security sidemount harness system is revolutionary. The overall harness system is made of super flexible nylon, stainless steel D-rings and other hardware, the system is adjustable to fit any size of divers comfortably. The shoulder straps with extra durability are resistant to abrasions. The waist strap has D-rings on it which can be adjusted to attach to cylinder in the position you want. There are three grommets with bungee string loop and bolt snaps that are positioned on two corners and bottom of the wing. They help to keep bladder streamlined to your anatomy. In addition, the crotch strap below helps to hold the harness securely in place with comfort and the provided butt plate fix the lower corner of bladder and provide external clips.
Hummingbird 2 Weight Management System
In order to provide the most perfect weight management system, Hummingbird 2 offers a pair of weight pockets and the BCD system can fit up to 4 weight pockets (up to 17.6 lbs/8 kg) upon on your demands.
- 35Ib (15.8 kg) lift capacity, perfect for technical diving
- Colour choice and customized embroidery and order
- Colourful outer shell can protect the bladder and be easily replaced
- Reversible inflator can be positioned on left or right side
- Low profile exhaust valve
- 8 low-profile stainless-steel D rings
- Low-profile stainless-steel waist buckle
- Quick and simple weight adjustment
- Including one pair of weight pockets, the systems can fit up to 4 weight pockets (8kg)
- Including tank rigging package
- Grommets at lower corners to keep bladder streamlined to body
- Customized butt plate to fix the lower corner of bladder and provide external clips
- Dorsal length can be adjusted, one size fits all
- 2 of stainless-steel snap hooks on the waist harness
- Dual loop bungee system to hold the tanks close to body, fit also for single bungee system
- Low pressure hose: 9 inches (22.9 cm)
- Weight: 6.2 lbs (2.8 kg)
- CE EN250 standard certified
What’s in the box:
- Hummingbird 2 Sidemount BCD x1
- Weight pockets x2
- Low pressure hose x1
- Bungee + bolt snaps x2
- Rubber band x3
Divers will appreciate the lift capacity and the versatility of Hummingbird 2. The harness and dual loop bungee system held the tanks tightly during my dive and I could also maintain trim all the time.
I’m thinking go cave diving so I just bought this sidemount system as a trial. It arrived 1 week after I ordered online the customer service is great. And the product is well-made and compact, it worked fine on my first cave dive, will dive with it afterwards to see how it lasts.
I choose the AKUANA Hummingbird 2 from online reviews about sidemount diving products. It’s so great that I think I will never go backmount again. Very easy to adjust, my buddy and I are different height could also share it.